29 May 2014

Eggless Banana Muffins




Ingredients



Flour - 3/4 cup (100 gms)
Banana - 2 big sized (I used moris yellow variety like the ones in the pics)
Oil - 1/4 cup (60 ml) - You can replace with butter too
Granulated Sugar - 1/4 cup(55 gms) + 2 tbsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Walnut - 2 tbsp finely chopped

Eggless Banana Muffins Method: 


Sieve maida, baking soda and baking powder atleast twice, keep aside.

Peel the skin of the banana and mash them well (I grinded it to a smooth paste).

Add oil, vanilla essence and mix well. Fold in sugar and mix well until sugar completely dissolves.

Add sieved maida , baking powder-soda mixture and mix well until a creamy mixture is formed.

Add the chopped walnuts, reserve little for topping.

Preaheat oven to 190 deg C. Meanwhile spoon the mixture in the muffin tray till 3/4th, , add in the remaining walnuts and bake it for 20-27mins. Check in after 25mins and bake accordingly.


My Notes: 


I have tried with the same measurement with 1/8 cup of oil and 1/8 cup of milk instead of full 1/4 cup oil and the muffins texture and tastewise there was no much of difference.

You can use any type of banana, I used Moris yellow variety. Adjust sugar according to the banana variety you choose. 

The muffins raise up well in the first 15mins of baking itself. For the above mentioned measurement I got 5 medium sized muffins.

It is very soft and fluffy and keeps well for 2 days. Dont skip adding nuts the crunchiness is too good with the banana flavour.

When I tried it for the first time the top was cracked, though I took these set of pics, I thought I have gone wrong somewhere so didnt mean to post it. Once when I saw banana muffins in a famous english bakery here the top was fully cracked, also after discussing with friends I made up mind that I had not gone wrong anywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment